Chicago City of Learning
A first of its kind citywide initiative that connects youth to thousands of local and online learning opportunities and supports them to develop rich portfolios along the way. Established over 80,000 portfolios in Chicago, exposed over 40,000 learning opportunities across the city from a network of more than 150 youth serving organizations. An initiative of the Mayor's Office, in partnership with Chicago Public Schools.
The Chicago City of Learning has been highlighted in the US Department of Education 2016 National Education Technology Plan as an exemplary model for leveraging the power of networks to make connections between schools and the community.
- Mayor Emanuel Kicks Off The Chicago Summer Of Learning And Earning 2014 (City of Chicago)
- City Unveils Mobile Computer Lab To Help Keep Kids Learning In Summer (CBS)
- Connecting Learning through Chicago City of Learning (Microsoft Chicago)
- How Can We Harness the Power of Learning Beyond the School Day? (MindShift)
- Nearly 15,000 Hours Coded In First Three Weeks of Chicago's Inaugural "Code60+" Challenge (The Citizen)
- Can ed-tech inequality be solved by roving buses with Wi-Fi and loads of equipment? (Hechinger Report)
- Chance the Rapper curating city-sponsored music fest for young adults (Chicago Tribune)
- Chicago Scene: Chicago City of Learning Destination (WGN TV)